BOOKING CONDITIONS – SPECIAL VILLAS
1. The property identified on the booking form is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Ian & Sharon Christians (the Owners) to the renter (Client).
2. To reserve the property the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than 10 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owners are able to relet the Property. Reservations made within ten weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Should the Client wish to cancel the whole or part of the booking once it has been confirmed, he/she must advise the Owners as soon as possible. He/she must notify the Owners initially by telephone and then by letter sent by recorded delivery to the Owners’ address. The following cancellation charges will be payable. Before 70 days of the scheduled start of your holiday, 20% of rental; after 70 days, 100%. Subject to the above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to relet the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, damages etc, since these are not covered by the Owners' insurance.
5. A security deposit is required for each property, based on the number of bedrooms. This is required in case of expenses incurred by the owners as a result of the occupancy, for example, damage to the property (including its grounds and pool, or its contents, or shortage against the inventory. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owners. The Client will inform our local manager, on a form provided, all damage/breakages that have occurred during the rental period. The Owners will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance, less any damage/breakages, within two weeks after the end of the rental period. The Client undertakes to pay, at a later stage, any telephone costs incurred. The Owners expect the Clients to treat the house rented with all due care. If in the reasonable opinion of the Owners, or their local manager or any other person in authority, the Client, or any member of his/her party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause damage to the property and its contents, or upset or distress to any third party, the Owners are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the holiday rental. In this situation, the Client will be required to leave the site. The Owners will have no further responsibility toward the Client. No refunds will be made and the Owners will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
6. The rental period shall commence at 5.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the property before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Extensions to departure time, or early arrival on the day, may be possible for an additional charge – see Options List. Clients still in occupation after 10.00 am, without the agreement of the Owners, will be charged 50 Euros/hr or part thereof and this will be deducted from the security deposit.
7. The maximum number to reside at THÉBOT is 10, at LA GRANGE 12, at LE FAURE, LE PRESBYTERE, LA MUSIQUE and L’ORANGERIE 16, unless the Owners have given written permission. The Client must provide the numbers of adults, children and babies in advance of arrival. A charge of £100 per person per week is made for additional people/children (babies in cots excluded).
8. The Client agrees to be a reasonable tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean for the next clients is included in the price, the Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition that requires additional work.
9. Heating oil is a charge to the clients between Sept 15 and May 15. Heating oil for heating the pool is a charge at all times to clients of Le Presbytere.
10. The Client agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
11. The Client is at all times responsible for the security of children in the pool area.
12. The Client shall report to the Owners' agent without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, its garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. Any perceived deficiency in cleaning must be reported immediately so that the cleaners can return.
13. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client for:
Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions, the Owners regret they cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or the Client otherwise suffers any damage or loss as a result of "circumstances beyond our control". In these Booking Conditions, " circumstances beyond our control" means any event which the Owner or the supplier of the service in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear (or threat thereof) disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused or suffered by the client if means of transport provided, such as cars, minibuses, bikes or canoes, malfunction or are involved in accidents. The client accepts full responsibility when using these forms of transport.
14. Electricity. Recognising global warming and our experience that some clients leave lights on unnecessarily when there are no financial consequences, we ask clients to be attentive to unnecessary waste of electricity.
15. Under no circumstances shall the Owners' liability to the Client exceed the amount paid by the client for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Telephone calls are charged on based on itemized calls and the client agrees to re-imburse the Owners on presentation of invoice at a later date.
Bed Linen is provided, together with two towels/person, and one pool towel/person.